Páginas

sábado, 10 de agosto de 2019

O que significa slap someone on the wrist?


I just saw an expression in an article earlier today and I thought I'd share it with you guys. The thing is, there's a lot going on in brazilian politics right now and by that I mean a lot of inconsequential punishment.

For the last few months during the new government we have heard our president say the most unbelievably disgusting things. And as disgusting as some of those quotes are, it seems like we are living in a kind of subtle dictatorship where he just can get away with everything he says or does. And it makes sense that all of that's been happening if instead of fighting for our democracy we are just slapping him on the wrist. 

When you slap someone on the wrist, you give them a mild punishment or warning. It alludes to the act of literally slapping someone on their wrist when they put their hands where they shouldn't be. Tell me if I'm wrong, but that's not the proper way to administer punishments for someone who's done nothing but destroy our country. Let me know what you think down in the comment section Bellow. Bye bye 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário