Páginas

sábado, 7 de maio de 2016

Expressions with the word PET

Hello, guys. Today I'd like to bring you two expressions with the word pet. I'm not going to list them this time. Instead I will talk about them using situations to try to help you understand when and how to use them in your everyday speech. So without further ado let's get started!

Imagine everyone has a few things in their lives they hate. Just like favorite things they have in life that they love, they have favorite things that they hate. Those kinds of things we can call pet peeves. So if you stop to think about most often encountered annoyances, you may come up with: people that don't signal, people that cut lines, people that come into the theater after the show has started, people that chew with their mouth open, and so on and so forth. If I was to think of my own pet peeve, I would say one of my most frequent ones would be people acting intolerant and biased. What are your pet peeves?

The second expression with the word pet takes me way back to my school days. When I was in the last year of Elementary School, I remember there was this girl in my class that my Math teacher would offer preferential treatment. And it was not like she was always currying his favor in hopes of better grades. It's just that she had been established as the teacher's favorite pupil by the teacher himself. Everybody called her "teacher's pet". That's an expression you use to talk about someone who has gained favor with any kind of authority. Have you ever been a teacher's pet? Let me know in the comment's section. Talk to you next time!

2 comentários:

  1. I love so much ur blog. Yes, when I was elementary school I was a pupil or teacher's pet of portuguese.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. hey thanks for stopping by! I've also been a teacher's pet once and my classmates hated me the whole year!

    ResponderExcluir