Páginas

sábado, 25 de julho de 2015

reminisce about: o que isso significa?

When I was a kid, I remember spending the rest of the day after getting home from school with my friends on the streets. We would play all those games almost no kid these days are used to. I didn't have any trouble sleeping or worrying about anything. I was just too busy learning new stuff everyday and living a life like every kid should.

See what I just did there? I was reminiscing about my childhood. When you reminisce about something, you think about or tell of past experiences or events. You can be specific while reminiscing. For example, one of these days I was reminiscing about all my teachers from elementary school. It was hard to remember all their names, but it was good to recall the past.

They say it's something for the old to reminisce about the past. Although it may be true they're the ones who think about the past with more frequency, everybody has something good or bad to remember about their past. It's more common to refer to the act of reminiscing when the memories are good though. You had the best trip of your life a few years ago and now you're reminiscing about it.

I heard that word for the first time in one of Lily Allen's songs entitled "Littlest things". The word can be found right in the first line. Here's the video for you check out:

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário