Páginas

domingo, 12 de julho de 2015

chasing papers


First time I heard someone saying "chasing papers" was when I listened to the song Blue Jeans By Lana Del Rey. The line goes like: I stayed up waitin', anticipatin' and pacin' but he was chasing papers. At first the expression made me confused, but then after a little search I found out its meaning was pretty simple. To chase papers simply means to go after money, sometimes fast cash. So when you're chasing papers, you're tying to make money.

Something extra to add to the expression is that "to be on the paper chase" is to be engaged in raising money. So I could say Susie is on the paper chase because she's got bills to pay. Something important to stress about that expression is that it is very informal. So don't go using it with whoever you want or writing it on an essay or something. Talk to you next time.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário