Páginas

domingo, 8 de março de 2015

lento, mas constante

Okay, this time I'm taking myself as an example. In Brazil at least every time you need to finish your major you need to create a monograph, kind of an end of course monograph. I'm creating mine now. The problem [or maybe not a problem] is that I don't work fast enough. I'd rather work slowly but constantly. That way I believe I'll succeed better than if I worked fast for a short while and did not continue. In situations like that, we have a few expressions. One of them is "slow and steady wins the race".

So if someone tried to bug me and tell me that I should work faster, I would say "slow and steady wins the race". I could also say that my progress on my monograph is slow but sure. Again, slow but sure. Here's an example: Bob's progress on his novel is slow but sure. The expression can become slowly and surely too depending on how it's found in a sentence. Take a look at this example: Nancy is finishing the paint job on her house, slowly but surely. That's all for today guys. Talk to you next time!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário