Páginas

quinta-feira, 10 de julho de 2014

What does second nature mean?

I've mentioned here on my blog about my new hobby: roller skating. The thing is, it's not as easy as I thought it would be, and as better as I am compared to the first day I put on my rollerblade I thought I'd be so much better by now at it. What I do in order to better my skating skills though is to watch some video tutorials on Youtube. One day, while I watched one of those videos on how to balance on in-line skates, I heard the guy saying something like: your balance will get better, you'll get better in a lot of different ways and eventually it will become second nature. I could understand through context what he meant by "second nature", but it was the first time I'd ever heard that expression, so I thought I should talk about it on here.

When you say that a habit, an acquired behavior or in my case a hobby becomes second natures, it means it's become innate, automatic, etc. In other words, If I said skating became second nature, it means I've finally got the hang of it, I've finally mastered it. It's like I've practiced it so long that it's become a natural part of my body like any other instinct. Well, I hope one day I'll be able to use that expression referring to my skating skills. Till then, I'll just keep practicing. What about you? Do you have any acquired ability you can say has become second nature? Maybe you can play a musical instrument, dance really well, or even skate like I never will. Leave us your comments down below on the comment section.

And here's the video tutorial on how to balance on in-line skates where you can hear the expression we've just learnt today:

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário