Páginas

domingo, 14 de julho de 2019

O que significa e expressão rude shit hit the fan?


I guess this is one of the first times I am going to bring a rude expression. And the reason why I'm doing this is because, well, shit has been constantly hitting the fan here in Brazil. Yes I'm talking about politics and yes the rude expression mentioned before has just been used: shit hit the fan. What does that mean?

Before I get into the expression, let me fill you in on what inspired me to create this post: a very famous american journalist and his colleagues published leaked chats from government officials that show the justice minister was involved in a plot to keep a brazilian politician from entering the country's 2018 presidential race. 

That's the shortest way someone could've possibly found to explain all the complexity happening in Brazil, but you get the main point I hope. The thing is, every time I hear the journalist promising to leak one more chat or audio, here's what I actually think: shit is going to hit the fan. AGAIN!!!

When you think or say something like that, what you mean is that things will or have already become suddenly chaotic, disastrous, difficult or controversial. It's usually something problematic you had expected before troubles materialized. Since the leaks are promises made by the journalist, we know there is still a lot of shit to hit the fan in the near future.

I refuse to explain the literal idea behind the expression because it's pretty graphic and self-explanatory. I'm sure you get it. That's all for now guys. Talk later!!!!!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário