Páginas

quarta-feira, 6 de dezembro de 2017

TO LOSE FACE (MEANING)

If you are a very proud person or if at least you know somebody who is, you will understand what I am about to share. A while back, when I was part of a group of friends, I ended up witnessing two good old friends fighting for a really silly reason: girls. It was not really that much of a serious situation, but They said really nasty things to each other and there was no one whose side I could take. They were both wrong.

But the thing is, they are equally proud and stubborn. In spite of countless reasons not to end that friendship and all the years spent together, they haven't really lowered the guard and apologized. Since I was there the first time they had a falling-out, I decided to take them aside talk to them. In one of those conversations, one of them said: "I will never apologize to him for something I didn't do. And I am sure he won't either. He would rather lose money than lose face. So that is it."

So whatever losing face means, if he would rather lose money, it has got to be something really bad for him. And in fact, it really is for many people. When you lose face, you lose status; become less respectable, you do something that makes people stop admiring or respecting you. Well, not that that is what would happen if one of them said sorry, but in their head, that is the price to pay for admitting to be wrong: humiliation.

Well, that is all for now guys. Talk to you next time!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário