Páginas

domingo, 28 de agosto de 2016

Inglês com Música - Lane Boy (Twenty One Pilots)

They say (1) stay in your lane boy, lane boy
But we go where we want to
They think this thing is a highway, highway
But will they be alive tomorrow?

They think this thing is a (2) highway, if it was our way
We'd have a (3) tempo change every other time change
Cause our minds change, on what we think is good
I wasn't raised in the (4) hood
But I know a thing or two about pain and darkness
If it wasn't for this music
I don't know how I would've fought this

Regardless, all these songs
I'm hearing are so heartless
Don't trust a perfect person
And don't trust a song that's flawless
Honest, there's a few songs
On this record that feel common

I'm in constant confrontation
With what I want and what is (5) poppin'
In the industry it seems to me
That singles on the radio are (6) currency
My creativity is on the free when I'm playin' shows
They say stay in your lane boy, lane boy
But we go where we want to

They think this thing is a highway, highway
But will they be alive tomorrow?
Will they be alive tomorrow?
I'm sorry if that question
I asked last, scared you a bit like a (7) hazmat
In a gas mask, if you ask zack
He's my brother, he likes when I rap fast

But let's (8) backtrack, back to this
Who would you live and die for on that list
But the problem is, there's another list
That exist and no one really think about this
Forget sanity, forget salary, forget vanity, my morality
If you get in between someone
I love and me, you're gonna feel the heat of my (9) calvary
All these songs I'm hearing are so heartless
Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless


(1) stay in your lane

mind your own business; keep moving straight ahead and don't veer over into my personal affairs
"I don't need you telling me how to raise my child, so why don't you just stay in your lane, okay?"


(2) highway

a public road, especially an important road that joins cities or towns together:
a coastal/interstate highway


(3) tempo

the speed at which a passage of music is or should be played.
Listening to music with a slow tempo helps calm the mind.

(4) hood 

neighborhood; ghetto;
we were just chilling in the hood when he came.

(5) to be popping

to be in fashion, popular
what song is popping in your country right now?

(6) currency

a system of money in general use in a particular country.
the dollar was a strong currency

(7) hazmat

abbreviation for hazardous material: a dangerous substance:
Each volunteer was given a disposable white hazmat suit (= a suit that protects against dangerous substances)
Over the past two weeks, hazmat crews have been flooded with anthrax false alarms.

(8) backtrack

to go back along a path that you have just followed:

We went the wrong way and had to backtrack till we got to the right turning.
(9) Calvary

the hill outside the city of Jerusalem where Jesus Christ was crucified (= killed on a cross)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário