Páginas

sexta-feira, 19 de agosto de 2016

10 Phrasal verbs com o verb TO COME

Come up with

Meaning: Think of a solution, excuse, etc.

Example: Nobody could COME UP WITH a satisfactory explanation for the accident.

Come down with

Meaning: Fall ill

Example: She CAME DOWN WITH a virus.

Come across

Meaning: Find by accident

Example: I CAME ACROSS my old school reports when I was clearing out my desk.

Come off it

Meaning: I don't believe what you're saying; used as an imperative

Example: COME OFF IT; tell me the truth for goodness' sake.

Come through with

Meaning: Provide something needed

Example: He didn't COME THROUGH WITH the money and they went bust.

Come forth with

Meaning: Provide information

Example: None of the witnesses CAME FORTH WITH an accurate description of the gang.

Come down to

Meaning: Amount to, be the most important aspect

Example: It all COMES DOWN TO a question of who tries hardest.

Come about

Meaning: Happen, occur

Example: The meeting CAME ABOUT because both sides were sick of fighting.

Come in for

Meaning: Receive (criticism or praise)

Example: Jack\'s COME IN FOR quite a lot of criticism of late.

Come apart

Meaning: Break into pieces

Example: It CAME APART when I tried to lift it off the floor and I had to glue it back together.

Fonte: https://www.usingenglish.com/

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário