Páginas

quarta-feira, 27 de abril de 2016

O que significa a expressão PUT ON A FRONT?

-Hey, I've known you for a while but I've never talked yo you about your taste in music. What kind of music do you like?

-I love rap and my favorite singer is Eminem.

-Really? What's your favorite thing about him?

-I just like the fact he acts the way he wants and says whatever he feels like in his lyrics. He is not worried about putting on a front, you know? Most people in the music industry are fake and that bothers me a lot. I'm just trying to say he's authentic.

-Wow wow! You have a really strong opinion on that guy. You must really like him a lot.

#001 put on/up a front: to pretend to be someone you're not

-I heard about James' father's fatal accident. Have you heard from him since then and how he's been?

-I only saw him at the funeral and oddly enough I have to admit he didn't show any sign of grief over his father's death and I'm not the only one saying this.

-Well, I had the best impression of their relationship and it seemed they got along pretty well. I'm sure he's just putting up a front.

#002 put up a front: to pretend to feel a certain way

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário