Páginas

sábado, 18 de julho de 2015

still waters run deep: what does that mean?

Do you know someone or have a friend who's always very quiet and doesn't say much? I don't know if you've noticed it, but people like that are interesting in many ways. Many find them boring and not cool to hang around, but if you stop to think about their personalities, they always come with little surprises that make them very enigmatic and at the same time extremely thoughtful.

Of course that's not like a rule, but it applies to many quiet people. That's why I say "still waters run deep". What does that mean? It means exactly what I just explained: a quiet person may be very profound. I once had a friend like that and for many years of my childhood, I used to be very introspective myself (and actually still am sometimes). When someone gets to talk better to those people and finally break the ice, they're usually surprised with their cleverness. So if someone ever comes up to you speaking harshly of someone just because they don't speak much, just remind them that "still waters run deep". And leave them wondering. That's it for now. Talk to you next time!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário