Páginas

quarta-feira, 15 de julho de 2015

isn't oblivious a beautiful word? what does it mean anyway?

I was reading a book when I came across a word I think sounds very beautiful in my ears. I'm talking about the word oblivious. I don't know if you're familiar with it or not, but I wanna share it with you guys.

Since I saw that word in a book, I should consider bringing the context of the reading when it appeared. The mother and father of a child are lawyers and need to work on a very cruel case. The problem is that that case is bringing about a lot of media attention and it's become harder and harder for them to keep their child OBLIVIOUS to what is going on.

So here we have an example of the word oblivious in context. When you're oblivious to things or people, just like that little child in the book, you're lacking conscious awareness about them. Some people may be oblivious as a defense mechanism. For example, imagine you're a celebrity who doesn't take criticism too well. So you avoid reading the papers, your updates on social media, everything possible to keep yourself oblivious of your surroundings and criticism against you.

If you get into trouble because you rejected every person's advice, people might say you were oblivious to their warnings when trouble found you. Either you were unaware of them or you were just not paying attention. That's all for today. Take care!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário