Páginas

domingo, 19 de julho de 2015

blow off steam: o que isso significa?

What do you do when you're stressed and want to reduce your tension? There are many ways to do that, and depending on your preferences, many things can work for you. For example, after a long day's work, you might be one of those who just dream of the time when you finally get off work, come home and put your feet up and do absolutely nothing. Some parents like to get home and play with their children to get off their minds off the tension of the day.

I'm talking about those examples of stress, but I'm actually referring more to any general kind of strong emotions you want to get rid of. For example, after a stressful situation, some might want to scream and curse just to get it all off their chest. When you do anything like that to get rid of strong feelings, you're blowing off steam. Just imagine of an actual steam machine. When it loses its steam, it seems to simmer down, just like a person would. Take a look at the picture above. Many people try to meditate in order to blow off some steam. I've never really tried that, but I heard it brings about many benefits for both mental and physical health.

When I'm somehow not at ease, I try to listen to some music or watch my favorite series. It helps me blow off steam. What about you? Is there any special activity you turn to whenever you have that feeling of unease? Leave your answers down in the comment section.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário