Páginas

terça-feira, 29 de julho de 2014

O que significa a expressão "it's no skin off my nose"?

One of these days while I was scrolling down on twitter, I saw someone saying something like: It's my twitter and I can post anything I want on it. If you don't like it, feel free to block me. It's no skin off my nose. We can see that person was a little upset at people trying to tell her what she should say on twitter. But can you understand what she meant by "it's no skin off my nose"? Let's find out!

When you say it's no skin off your nose, it means you do not care about something because it will not affect you. In other words, that's just a more enthusiastic way of saying "I don't care". You don't have to be angry or rude to use that expression like that person I mentioned from Twitter. You might also simply be saying that you don't mind something, that you're okay with whatever people decide for you. For example, you go out with your friends and now that it's time to go back home, they're trying to decide whose car you're going in. You really don't care which car that is as long as it takes you home. So you say: I can go in his car if he prefers. It's no skin off my nose. It's also possible to see people saying "it's no skin off my teeth", but that's very informal. That's it for today guys. Take care!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário