Páginas

sábado, 12 de abril de 2014

O que significa a expressão "to have a grip on something/someone"?

While I was listening to the song The Only Exception by Paramore, I couldn't help but notice a very interesting line that goes like: I've got a tight grip on reality. Do you know what that means? If you already know the song I'm talking about, you must know it's about a girl who's learnt from her own life experiences not to believe in love. The thing is, after a while, she ends up falling in love with a boy that makes her believe he's the only exception. That's when she says: I've got a tight grip on reality, but I can't let go of what's in front of me.

When you have or keep a tight grip on something or someone, you have control over it. The girl from the song believed to have some kind of control over her reality until she found a boy that made her rethink her attitude towards love. Having control over reality in this case means keeping it real, being as realistic as possible and never leaving room for love. That's it. See you soon!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário