Páginas

segunda-feira, 25 de fevereiro de 2013

Como dizer "me sinto como se estivesse andando em cascas de ovos" em Inglês?

There are some people that are extremely touchy or easy to get angry. I've had some friends like that and the least I could say is that it's a very stressful situation to handle. When you have to watch yourself at all times in order to not wake up the monster inside of someone else's body, maybe you feel like walking on eggshells.

Can you imagine yourself walking on eggshells? It is not one of the greatest sensations. It makes you conscious of every single act you take because at any minute you might be collapsing. Try to compare that sensation to some social or specific awkward situations we go through every day. If there's any moment you feel pressured to act extremely cautiously, you could say you're walking on eggshells. It doesn't have necessarily to be attached to someone's behavior, it can also be provided by a situation you're not comfortable with. There are some people for instance that feel terrified whenever they have to make a presentation in front of several people. They could say: I feel like walking on eggshells when I give this speech. Are you one of those people? As far as I am concerned, it depends too much on the crowd. If they're my friends or people I have intimacy with, I don't feel like walking on eggshells during a speech, but if I find myself confronted by unknown looks and faces, I feel my legs literally shaking.

There is a certain variation for that idiom. A very similar sensation of insecurity to the walking on eggshells would be walking on thin ice. Thin ice may collapse at any time if you're walking on it and it offers little support just like eggshells does. Something that makes shy boys feel like walking on thin ice is dealing with girls. Especially at an early age, it can be very frustrating to try to draw girls' attention because it finally hits them girls belong to a whole different universe. I've got a childhood friend who when younger all it took for him to be terrified would be the presence of a girl around. He would act awkwardly, very cautiously, as if walking on thin ice. Up to this day, he still has a hard time trying to be natural around the opposite sex.

Wat about you? Is there any specific situation you feel like walking on eggshells? Does the opposite sex make you have the feeling of walking on thin ice? Leave your answers on the comment section. Talk to you next time!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário